Well, here’s a photo of a daffodil which has just flowered in my front garden, isn’t it lovely? (Try not to notice the weeds at its feet!) This means, of course, that the spring issue of Alphabet Soup magazine is just around the corner – it will be out next week!
What will you find inside?
- Q&A with Mark Greenwood, author of Simpson and His Donkey, The Legend of Moondyne Joe, and Fortuyn’s Ghost (among others!)
- Curiosity corner: a family growing their own vegies
- Stories and poems
- Writing by kids!
- Book reviews
- Writing tips for kids from The Book Chook
- Spring writing competition
- Design-a-cover competition
(You can subscribe to Alphabet Soup via our website – parents can order with a credit card online, or print off a form to post to us with a cheque. Subscribers with an Australian delivery address are entered into a draw each issue – this issue’s winner will receive a $200 book pack from Fremantle Press!)
Yes, this issue has a spring-is-in-the-air feel to it! Daffodils are easy to grow in Perth, and they suit my garden perfectly, as they don’t mind a bit of neglect! I do love to see their yellow trumpets bobbing about in spring. So – what’s growing in your garden at the moment?