The eleventh issue of Alphabet Soup magazine (yay! yay!) was posted yesterday. If you are a subscriber, keep an eye on your letterbox.
Here’s what you’ll find inside the winter issue:
- Q&A with author, Wendy Orr
- Meet a beekeeper
- Writing tips for kids from The Book Chook
- Stories by Michele Purcell and Emma Cameron
- Poetry by Edel Wignell, Jackie Hosking and Lorraine Marwood
- Stories, poems and book reviews by kids
- Our winter writing competition
- Our annual design-a-cover competition
Later today we’ll be posting the Q&A with Wendy Orr and on Monday we’ll be posting the winning stories from our recent story-writing competition. So stay tuned!
Subscribe to Alphabet Soup magazine
Just a reminder—if you want to enter our design-a-cover competition, entries close on 16 September 2010. The winner will see their artwork on the cover of our summer competition (out in November) and receive $20 worth of art supplies. You can find details and an entry form on the Alphabet Soup website.
And if writing is more your thing, don’t forget we run a writing competition for kids in every issue of the magazine. Our spring story competition closes on 22 October 2010. There are $20 book vouchers for the winners in three age categories. You’ll find details and an entry form over at the Alphabet Soup website for that, too.