Alphabet Soup magazine will be arriving in subscribers’ letterboxes from Monday 23rd August.
The spring issue will have you humming a happy tune!
- Meet Dr John Long, palaeontologist and author
- stories and poems by adults and children
- Verse round for 2 or 4 voices
- meet professional viola player, Helen Tuckey
- The Book Chook’s column: ‘How to write funny stories’
- book reviews
- writing competition – win a $20 book voucher!
- design-a-cover competition!
Alphabet Soup magazine will be available from our WA stockists from Tuesday 24 August. (Westbooks, Zero to Ten, The Well Bookshop Shenton Park.) Or subscribe via the magazine’s website!
Doesn’t a serve of delicious alphabet soup sound like just the thing for this cooler winter weather? The winter 2009 issue of Alphabet Soup is out now!
Inside Alphabet Soup magazine this issue:
- Q&A with Jo Oliver (author-illustrator of Pilgrim)
- interview with an Air Traffic Controller
- Stories, poems and good books
- Kids writing (poems, stories and book reviews)
- winners of our autumn writing competition
- details of our winter writing competition
- details of our design-a-cover competition
- and more!
Where can you buy a copy? If you live in Western Australia, you can buy copies at Westbooks children’s bookstore (396 Mill Point Rd, Victoria Park) and Zero to Ten (330 South Tce, South Fremantle).
You can also order single copies (or subscribe!) from our website www.alphabetsoup.net.au, where you can order online with a credit card, or print off an order form to post in to us with a cheque or money order.
Get reading (and writing)!
Issue 2 (autumn 2009) is hot off the press!
Visit www.alphabetsoup.net.au to subscribe, or to purchase single copies online. If you prefer to go into a store, we are pleased to advise that there are now two stores stocking the magazine in Western Australia:
Westbooks, 396 Mill Point Rd, Victoria Park WA
Zero to Ten, 330 South Tce, South Fremantle WA (Zero to Ten are open Tues to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm and Saturdays 9 am to 5 pm.)